12/07/2013

Breakfast beers

 photo P2160004_zpsd5296c2f.jpgToday sees the start of a very beery weekend at the Beer Blogger's Conference in Edinburgh and after a pre-conference pub crawl last night I need a pick me up - time for a coffee beer! I'm a big fan of coffee in beer as I'm sure you're all aware by now, given my past posts!Post title a nod to Tyson who has somehow managed to write 1000 posts on his blog, good work sir!




 photo P2160008_zps0ff50919.jpgTap East's attempt up first. Rich fruity coffee with dry smokiness underneath. Quite fruity to start, with a long coffee finish. Light in body and carbonation, deep chestnut. Pretty enjoyable. I've been fairly impressed by Tap East, time for a visit I'm thinking.




 photo P2160011.jpg
Thornbridge's collaboration with Mountain Goat punningly called Thorny Goat starts off well with rich almost meaty coffee and cocoa on the nose a pillowy tan head. In the mouth the carbonation is light and body fairly heavy with lots of residual sweetness, a touch of cardboard and ashen coffee in finish. Drinkable for the strength but not the best mocha beer I’ve had and at the bottom end of what Thornbridge can do Simon seems to have enjoyed it.

6 comments:

  1. Look at the head on the Thorny Goat!! Lush, what a beautiful morning...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. too warm for my liking really this morning!

      Delete
  2. Thanks, Steve. Annoyed at missing the conference, but Magic Rock waits for no man.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, sounds like you had a great visit, we went after last years EBBC

      Delete
  3. Also mightily annoyed at missing the conference, but we're off to Bamberg later today, so it's not all doom and gloom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. there's always next year and I'm jealous at the Bamberg trip; so we're even!

      Delete